Friday, March 20, 2009

love it! -- all of my hearts --


I used to think heart motifs were really cheesy.

Maybe every woman goes through this. When you are a little girl, you love hearts. They are adorable and charming, bubble gum pink or sparkly, in the form of stickers or stamps or patterned leggings (this was the 1980's, after all). But around a certain age, they start to look stupid and immature. I remember being about 12 years old, getting a pair of heart-shaped earrings as a gift and shuddering, thinking, "So, you think I'm still a little kid?"

Somewhere along the line, however, that changed. Now, I recall those heart earrings and wish I had the foresight to keep them (I disposed of them promptly, of course). Because, just as as hearts suddenly became dumb, they are now fun. And cute. Winsome and whimsical.

Yep, I (heart) hearts.

Observe!

1 New York lights are hearts -- photo by "Color Me Katie"

2
Comme des Garcons Play Wool Heart Sweater -- on sale!

3
Modern Claddaugh Ring by Sudlow

4
Custom Heart Sampler by Miniature Rhino

5
Heart Stud Earrings by Trudie Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment