Saturday, January 23, 2010

birds on the brain


I've long been a fan of bird motifs. We've got bird-patterned curtains in the kitchen (pictured above). I got these in Japan about seven years ago and I still adore them (I think they've hung in every apartment I've lived in since -- about 5! -- getting hemmed a couple of times along the way to fit new windows). I have a bird brooch, candle holder, shirts, and several other items that aren't popping into my head at the moment.

However, I feel like in the past few years, bird motifs have gotten so dang popular (for good reason, I won't deny), that I'm starting to like them less.

Did Twitter and its omnipresent (and adorable) little bluebird seal the final nail in the coffin? And is it wrong to like something less as it gets insanely popular, or is it only natural?

Despite my increasingly hesitant feelings, here are a few bird-themed items that still appeal to me.




This dress is absolutely fantastic (I know the image quality is bad, but click the link!)



Cute owl pillow from Moontea Artwork on Etsy




Necklace from the adorable collection of Odette (everything in that shop is fabulous!)


One of many stunning bird prints from Gennine's Etsy shop

Last but not least, this gorgeous headboard (!!!)

1 comment: